DATA ENTRY ACCOUNT CLERK
|Starting Rate $19.3832
|Mon - FRi 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Supervisor (and Payroll Manager depending on tasks performed), performs clerical accounting tasks in connection with financial record keeping and accounting processing functions. Typically performs routine tasks and special projects with varying degrees of complexity.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Review, analyze and process Accounts Payable up to and including processing and issuance of checks.
• Audit vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
• Ensure timeliness of AP expense processing on a monthly basis to ensure expenses are fully captured in the appropriate month.
• Maintains active purchase order files, processes invoices, verifies and reconciles price/quantities, and performs data entry transactions related to receiving and invoicing to insure accurate and timely recording of goods and services, and vendor remittances.
• Engages in frequent communication with employees, department managers and vendors.
• Performs general office duties including filing, copying, financial record keeping, document storage.
• Performs data entry of various types of payroll input timesheets to include editing, review and balancing functions, if needed.
• Assists with various filing of payroll records related to both output report information and employee data, if needed.
• Other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of basic accounting/general ledger principles. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Proficient in 10-key. Must have excellent customer service skills. Requires strong math and analytical skills.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Associate degree in Accounting or related field and two (2) years’ experience including processing Accounts Payable or six (6) years of Accounts Payable experience. Payroll experience a plus. Must have excellent customer service skills and proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office products. Testing will be conducted in Excel, Word, and 10-key.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 147-23-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer