RAIL - MECHANIC A, TRUCK UTILITY
||STARTING RATE: $24.7780
||40 Hours Per Week
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Performing skilled tasks in the planning, inspecting, testing and removing and/or repairing of defective or unserviceable conditions of company vehicles and equipment.
• Performing diagnostic testing of company vehicles and equipment.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components such as engine, transmission, clutches, cylinder heads and heating/air conditioning equipment, or any parts thereof
• Removing, repairing or replacing components of non-revenue vehicles and equipment, such as engines, transmissions, clutches, starters, water pumps and winches, snowplows, spreaders, or any parts thereof
• Repairing small engines and equipment as assigned
• Performing any or all of the work assigned as duties for any job in subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with speed and accuracy satisfactory to supervision.
• Exercising judgment relative to the discovery and reporting of unsafe and irregular conditions; protecting all company property during job performance.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must be able to take instructions and assignments to qualify for work in other classifications. Must develop knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be able to maintain effective working relationships. Must be certified under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 and 609 certification for refrigerants.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (ladders), twisting (upper body) and/or rotating. May also involve lifting (20-80+ pounds), carrying (up to 10 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (200+ pounds) materials and/or equipment. The job involves standing two hours at a time for three hours per day, sitting for three hours at a time for three hours per day and walking two hours at a time for three hours per day.
98% of time is spent inside, 2% of time is spent outside, exposing employees to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employees are also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License, Class B with Air Brake and Tanker Endorsement. Must score 68% or greater on the ACST.
TO APPLY: Send NFTA employment application (on NFTA jobs page) specifying MECHANICS to: NFTA Human Resources 181 Ellicott Street Buffalo, NY 14203 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org For more information please visit nfta.com/careers
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer