SUPERVISOR, MAINTENANCE FACILITY
||GRADE 3 ($34.7467-$37.9064
Coordinate’s Facility Maintenance Department's (FMD) maintenance activities within assigned area of responsibility. Develops and assigns work schedules, prioritizes work assignments, monitors quality control, executes and maintains a comprehensive preventive maintenance program, and ensures proper service of all equipment and vehicles used in the maintenance of that equipment. Scheduled shift hours are 2pm-10pm, but the incumbent will be expected to work any shift at the discretion of the Manager.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Directs, assigns, and participates in building maintenance and repair activities in designated trades’ categories including but not limited to carpentry, masonry, painting, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
• Directs crews in the construction, renovation, modification, and maintenance of Authority buildings.
• Checks assigned work for progress and conformance to work plans.
• Prepares estimates of time, labor, and materials.
• Oversees preventive maintenance program with regards to equipment repair, HVAC, building maintenance, machinery, and tools.
• Coordinates with outside contractors to perform work beyond the scope of normal duties for FMD tradespersons.
• Maintains parts inventory and supplies.
• Assists in the selection of new employees, provides training, and conducts performance evaluations.
• Administers collective bargaining agreements and participates in union contract negotiations.
• Flexibility required to cover occasional overtime and shift overage.
• Performs additional duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of methods, techniques, tools, and materials used in building maintenance and repair; thorough knowledge of occupational hazards associated with various trades work and pertinent safety precautions; thorough knowledge and proficiency in computer software applications, thorough knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in tool/storage room operation and maintenance. Ability to lay out work, instruct and direct trade workers in a variety of maintenance activities. This position requires a considerable amount of independent judgment and initiative under the general supervision of the Manager, Facilities Maintenance. Must respond to call-ins, which may occur at any time of the day or night. Must be able to work all shifts at any time. Must be in good physical condition, possess manual dexterity, and have no serious defects of vision, hearing, or limbs.
Must be able to perform physically demanding work that involves reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing ladders, riding hi-rail vehicles, and lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
Some tasks are performed in a shop environment, where a heightened sense of awareness to surroundings and observation of established safety precautions is essential to avoid injury or accidents. Some tasks are performed in an environment with potential for intermittent exposure to disagreeable elements, e.g.: heat, humidity, toxic agents. Tasks involve working around moving parts, equipment, carts, and material handling where physical risks are predictable/controllable, by observance of standard safety precautions.
Associate’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and six years of relevant work experience in facility maintenance, three years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must be able to demonstrate experience using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Must possess and maintain a valid NYS driver’s license. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge/ US Customs and Border Protection Seal.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 113-23-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer