||ENGINEERING AND PROPERTY
||$75,151 - $112,725
This position operates and manages commercial properties, facility maintenance staff, and outside contractors for select properties throughout the NFTA such as 485 Cayuga Road, 247 Cayuga Road, 235 Aero Drive, 175 Aero Drive, and Erie & Niagara County right of ways. This position is responsible for ensuring these facilities are in good working order by maintaining HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, egress, building envelope, and responding to tenant requests. Responsibilities include the protection of the public, employees, and major capital investments by instituting and maintaining facility safety and environmental quality controls. This position requires the ability to assume a strategic perspective when examining the department and the entire organization.
Under the direction of the Manager, of Facilities and Property, the position will develop and direct the operation and maintenance of property facilities.
• Assist in Administration and Management of Property Department, including establishment of maintenance objectives and scope of maintenance tasks; establishment of maintenance criteria and standards; administration and lead maintenance projects; establish Department policy and procedures.
• Assign and oversee preventive maintenance programs, planning, technical reviews, setting department goals, organizing, and directing the maintenance, repair and remodeling of buildings and facilities.
• Plans, develops, and implements facility maintenance budgets, long range capital improvement programs, preventive maintenance programs, spare part inventory, determination of resources, schedules and controls maintenance projects including overall technical direction, supervision of work, and selection of term contractors.
• Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating, and enforcing leases, and maintaining and securing premises.
• Administers and directs all real estate activities and functions, including negotiation, disposition, and acquisition of land and lease.
• Makes procedural and operational recommendations.
• Administers the NFTA’s surplus property program.
• Frequently interact with tenants, employees, contractors, and service staff.
• Reviews documents and transactions.
• Plans, directs, and supervises related administrative and clerical work, maintains public records and reports related to the department.
• Must be familiar with federal, state, and local regulations and codes regarding construction projects.
• Process, review and approve maintenance contracts, progress payments, change orders, progress reports and control procedures.
• Assure NYS Building and Standards code compliance associated with existing, rehabilitation, and modifications to property facilities.
• Assure projects meet safety standards and operational requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of standard methods, practices, materials, tools, equipment, and code regulations pertaining to building, mechanical, electrical, air conditioning and other technical trades.
Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and effective management techniques. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
Knowledge of principles and procedures of budget preparation and record keeping.
Knowledge of office automation, network administration, information processing principles and practices. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, employees, and department heads.
Knowledge of real property contracts and leases. Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with government officials, employees, and the general public. Ability to understand technical documents relating to property. Ability to plan, assign, and direct the work of the Property Management staff.
Excellent customer service skills such as; responsive, clear & accurate communication, respectful and problem solving.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
A Bachelor of Science Degree with five (5) years of experience in building or facility management, including three (3) years of supervisory experience, OR ten (10) years of experience in building or facility management, including three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 123-23-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer