SUPERVISOR, CUSTOMER RELATIONS
||Starting Rate: $29.30 per hour
Under the direction of the Customer Relations Manager, this position will be responsible for first line supervision of the Customer Relations Center and Customer Relations Call Center Staff. Oversees daily operation of the Customer Relations Center, Customer Relations Call Center including the fare collection system, Paratransit customer communications, and Reduced Fare.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Assists in the supervision and conduct of daily operations and administration functions of the Customer Relations Center/Customer Relations Call Center to ensure quality customer service.
• Responsible for special projects and provides expertise within a functional area or department that may require knowledge of and interaction with other Authority departments to provide quality service delivery.
• Interprets and ensures compliance with policies and regulations and makes recommendations to Customer Relations Manager for change, if warranted, to ensure that customers are treated fairly.
• Gathers, evaluates, and analyzes data relating to operations, practices, and techniques.
• Responds to and resolves direct and complex customer complaints in a timely, professional manner.
• Answers inquiries via social media, chat forum and or email.
• Supervises and attends community outreach events when needed.
• Assists in administration and implementation of policies.
• Directs Customer Relations Center and Customer Relations Call Center and manages daily operations assuring abandon call volume is kept to a minimum and customer communication is professional and optimum service is provided.
• Directs studies and analyses of functional areas to identify problems and recommend improvements.
• Performs Basic book-keeping and cash handling.
• Provides input in the development of Customer Relations policies, strategies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
• Manages subordinate staff to ensure daily work plan is in place such as schedules to ensure adequate coverage during peak periods, special work assignments are done as needed, develops, and ensures adherence to guidelines and work procedures, reviews work performance and resolves complaints and grievances. Administers discipline; participates in selection activities and recommends new employees for hire.
• Coordinate’s training activities (e.g., determines training needs of employees; designs and conducts training programs; evaluates the effectiveness of training programs to ensure competency of staff).
• Reviews and approves applications for Paratransit.
• Manages passenger account- based Fare Collection process.
• Manages the Reduced Fare Program.
• Performs administrative duties (approves payroll for employees in absence of the Manager;).
• Provides input on budgeted expenditures for staffing, equipment, space, and printing.
• Collects and processes data to compile weekly, quarterly, and yearly statistics.
• Assists in the management of the CAP program.
• Oversees customer data collection and response including the automated response IVR (Interactive Voice Response), ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) the Fare Collection System and various telephony and internet customer support. Ensures integrity of data, accuracy, and efficiency of system. Provides Customer Relations Manager with analyses of problem trends and recommendations for corrective action.
• Performs additional duties and tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
In depth knowledge of customer service principles, ability to quickly learn operations, policies and procedures of the department. Thorough knowledge of the NFTA-Metro transit system and service planning process; ability to assist the public, respond to complaints, and recommend improvements in service. Ability to positively interact with and direct employees, foster a team atmosphere, and supervise, evaluate, mentor and develop subordinates in a professional manner that focuses on performance to achieve department goals. Sound organization skills, ability to prioritize responsibilities and effectively manage various assignments within time constraints. Ability to assemble and evaluate data, develop performance indicators for key processes, monitor on-going performance and implement countermeasures where necessary to improve service delivery. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to create reports using MS Word Access and Excel. Effective management skills in order to maximize staff productivity.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in office conditions and outside in the community as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field. At least three years related experience in a customer service, call center, or similar environment required. Two years related supervisory experience required. Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Access, Excel); must have experience analyzing data and creating reports. Persons with an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Must obtain a passing grade on the required aptitude tests. Tests include Basic Word and Excel.
TITLE: SUPERVISOR, CUSTOMER RELATIONS
BRANCH: SURFACE TRANSPORTATION
SALARY: GRADE 3 ($29.3039 - $38.3625)
HOURS: Monday–Friday (Shift could range between 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
Saturday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Apply at jobs.nfta.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer