SPECIALIST BODY SHOP
||FULL RATE 31.6466
||7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Mon- Fri
This job involves all manner of preparation and completion of operations of any type of work normally done in the department at any location of company property.
• Reading and interpreting instruction sheets and blueprints
• Discovering and diagnosing defective or unserviceable conditions of heavy vehicle body frames, parts and running gear
• Forging and welding parts to close tolerances
• Planning and performing repairs, replacements, and adjustments with a minimum of direct supervision
• Exercising judgment relative to the discovery and reporting of unsafe or irregular conditions
• Protecting all company property during job performance
• Performing arc welding, plasma cutting and acetylene cutting and welding of all weldable materials as necessary and brazing or soldering
• Repairing general body work as needed or as directed by Supervisor
• Performing all manner of lay-out, pattern or template; explaining and demonstrating to others all job details, methods and procedures when directed to do so by the supervisor or his deputies
• Performing any or all of the work assigned as duties for any jobs in subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with and speed and accuracy satisfactory to supervisory authorities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must develop knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be able to maintain effective working relationships.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (steps), twisting (upper body), rotating and/or crawling. May also involve lifting (10-80+ pounds), carrying (up to 30 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (100+ pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing four hours at a time for four hours per day, sitting for one hour per day and walking one hour at a time for two hours per day.
90% of time is spent inside, 10% of time is spent outside, exposing Employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors, and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 044-23-N to: email@example.com
The NFTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer