MANAGER, CREATIVE SERVICES
This position is responsible for the management of internal and external communications, advertising, and marketing campaigns for the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority. Work involves creating, planning, and executing on campaigns for all business partners. Duties include overseeing authority brand direction and development, writing, and designing. This position reports to the Director of Public Affairs and includes an annual performance review. A high degree of organization, attention to detail, and balancing multiple projects and initiatives.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Involvement in every aspect of a business collaboration from the idea phase to the execution.
• During projects, supervise and guide copywriters, graphic designers from start to finish.
• Organize process and policy of Creative Service workflow that optimizes positive results and continuous improvement.
• Ensure designs and content reflect consistently and positively the brand image and authority objectives.
• Work with internal and external business partners to create campaigns using the most current industry best practices.
• Serve as a liaison between Public Affairs and internal business partners.
• Anticipate problems that may impede a project from completing on time and implement solutions.
• Leads team on marketing plans and campaigns.
• Develops content for multi-media channels from concept to production, within established budgets, to promote the various business groups within the Authority.
• Plans, designs, writes targeted informational, educational, and promotional materials.
• Supports special events, including design programming.
• Creates electronic, visual and written presentations for the NFTA, i.e. power point, reports, analysis, and displays.
• Provides management support for outside transit advertising contracts.
• Assists in the planning and direction of duties to be performed by direct reports.
• Leads weekly Creative Group department meetings and tracks progress of projects to ensure completion of work prior to stated deadlines.
• Performs a variety of other similar duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of the principles of creative service department and management. Knowledge of the practices and principles of design, public information, marketing, and public relations. Knowledge of emergency public information policies, methodologies, and procedures. Knowledge of effective uses of media. Knowledge of recent developments and advancement in communications methodologies and technologies. Organization ability with the capacity to work on multiple projects and assignments. Ability to produce print and video presentations, including PowerPoint and various business reports. Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions. Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of creative team. Experience in design, writing and working with department budgets.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Art, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Public Administration or a related field, and a minimum of four (4) years experience in planning and coordinating public relations programs, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must be proficient in Indesign.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 024-23-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer