||ILA LOCAL 2028
Under the direction of the Manager of Administrative Services, Central Services, or designee, performs varied clerical duties including copying and filing tasks, mail delivery relief, mail processing, and maintenance of supplies for office equipment.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Generates and maintains a computerized document information system for the storage of plans, specifications, job records, and other NFTA documents.
• Prepares and purges files for document storage.
• Maintains Central Files for the Authority.
• Maintains indices and cross reference files for retrieval requests.
• Assists departments with interpretation for the legal disposition of records by State Archives and Records Administration (SARA) Records Retention and Disposition Schedule MI-1.
• Assists with the conversion of paper documents to electronic documents.
• Provides large volume copy service for all departments.
• Receives, stores, and distributes office supplies and equipment. Including receipt to automated material management program.
• Orders and maintains all paper and related supplies for copy machines.
• Orders and maintains office supplies for the department.
• Assists with sorting incoming and interoffice mail and delivery to various departments, if necessary.
• Coordinates and tracks UPS and FedEx deliveries.
• May operate a motor vehicle for business related activities including mail pickup and hand deliveries.
• Operates the switchboard.
• Types form letters and labels.
• Maintains and keeps current, NFTA/Metro telephone directories, copying and distribution.
• Coordinates service contracts for copier, fax machine and mailing machine.
• Performs other duties as required by General Counsel, Manager of Administrative Services and Central Services office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Familiarity with computer, Excel and Microsoft Word, end of month charges and reports. Must have strong organizational skills. Knowledge of generally accepted office procedures. Ability to operate and maintain various office equipment including copy machine, computer, mail processing and typewriter. Ability to read and write English at a level required for successful job performance. Ability to pack and pick up file boxes with documents (up to 40 pounds) on a regular basis. Ability to handle and process large packages and boxes delivered to MTC. Forklift Certification preferred.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light/heavy physical effort in sedentary to light/heavy work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light/heavy weight (5-40 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
to disagreeable environmental factors.
Associates Degree or High School equivalency with three years of administrative experience; must possess and maintain valid NYS Driver’s license. The ability to type 40 words per minute.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number to 168-22-N:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer