INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROJECT MANAGER
The Information Technology (IT) Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of any project in the Authority’s IT department, which includes identifying resources needed to ensure projects are completed on time and within their specified budgets. Projects include construction, infrastructure, networking, hardware and software implementation, application upgrades and other types of IT projects. The Project Manager will coordinate within IT for the necessary resources to complete projects. The Project Manager will set and monitor the goals of the projects, manage risks, and the project schedule.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Setting project goals and coming up with plans to meet those goals
• Creating and maintaining project timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports
• Managing resources for projects, such as computer equipment and employees
• Coordinating project team members and developing schedules and individual responsibilities
• Implementing IT strategies that deliver projects on schedule and within budget
• Using project management tools to track project performance and schedule adherence
• Conducting risk assessments for projects
• Organizing meetings to discuss project goals and progress
• Responsible for ensuring all documentation is completed on time and all baselines are updated
• Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project
• Technical knowledge/experience with Networking, Hardware, Software, etc.
• Project scheduling and budgeting
• Critical path analysis to ensure all dependencies and issues are defined
• Technical IT background with systems engineering knowledge and experience
• Experience with multiple types of IT projects including infrastructure, construction, networking, hardware and software
• Ability to read, understand and interpret construction blueprints and specifications
• Risk management planning, tracking and resolving
• Active negotiating skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and explain technical issues
• Analytical and problem-solving skills to handle any issues that occur during project completion
• Organization and time management skills to keep projects on track and within budget
• Excellent resource planning and task scheduling skills
• Confidential or sensitive information may be encountered during work activities and the expectation to keep this information private and secured is required.
• After hours support and on call may be required as the need arises.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and /or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds) with the occasional need to lift heavier equipment and materials with or without assistance as required.
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent. Five years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Project management certification is a plus. Experience should include 5+ years working as an IT Project Manager supporting multiple projects simultaneously. Must be a self-starter and work well without continual supervision. Must be able to pass background and security clearance checks.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number to 145-22-N:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer