PURCHASING COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
||Starting rate 20.4673
||ILA LOCAL 2028
Under the direction of the Procurement Compliance Manager purchases materials and services for assigned requisitions in support of all NFTA/NFTM operations. Supports the MWBE and SDVOB Programs.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Participates in the development of goals, policies, and procedures of the Procurement Department
• Upon request of user, or upon receipt of requisition, identifies sources (including alternate sources, MWBE’s and SDVOB’s), obtains prices and other information regarding the materials or services required
• Obtains quotations and bids as required
• Maintains and updates supplier database
• Maintains online MWBE utilization plans
• Processes requisitions and purchase orders
• Expedites orders upon request
• Follows up on requisitions
• Sets MWBE and SDVOB Participation Goals
• Takes a proactive approach to maintaining a high level of service to internal and external customers
• Identifies opportunities for cost reductions and elimination of non-value added activities
• Serves as back-up to department staff when needed
• Updates departmental Bid Log
• Solicits MWBE/SDVOB participation by consulting the NYS Contract System and notifying registered MWBE's/SDVOB’s of impending procurements
• Trains suppliers on how to input data into the ESD NYS Contract System
• Inputs data in ESD NYS Contract System, follows up on payments, sub-contractor payments
• Manages the Procurement Compliance email box
• Prepares and submits reports that are periodically required by the MWBE and SDVOB programs
• Assists department staff in obtaining MWBE/SDVOB waivers/exclusions
• Maintains exclusion spreadsheet
• Attends webinars, conference calls, and outreach conferences
• Tracks trade show flyers and assures that the content is accurate
• Performs additional duties and tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge, experience and understanding of the work flow in a typical business/office environment.
• Working knowledge of purchasing standards and best practices.
• Strong communication skills and ability to operate under time constraints.
• Knowledge of ERP software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, or Public Administration.
• Two (2) to Three (3) years of purchasing experience.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 128-22-N to: email@example.com
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer