SPECIALIST, BODY SHOP
||Body Welding, Sheet Metal & Line Metal
||Starting rate $24.8209
This job involves all manner of preparation and completion of operations of any type of work normally done in the department.
• Reading and interpreting instruction sheets and blue prints
• Discovering and diagnosing defective or unserviceable conditions of heavy vehicle body frames, parts and running gear
• Forging and welding parts to close tolerances; planning and performing repairs, replacements and adjustments with a minimum of direct supervision
• Exercising judgment relative to the discovery and reporting of unsafe or irregular conditions
• Protecting all company property during job performance
• Performing all fabrication, plasma cutting and acetylene cutting and brazing or soldering
• Repairing general body work as needed or as directed by supervisor
• Performing all manner of lay-out, pattern or template; explaining and demonstrating to others all job details, methods and procedures when directed to do so by the supervisor or his deputies
• Performing any, or all of the work assigned as duties for any jobs in subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with and speed and accuracy satisfactory to supervisory authorities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Must possess knowledge for immediate use of all types of welding equipment including Heli-arc, MIG and TIG.
• Ability to explain and demonstrate to others all job details, methods, and procedures when directed to do so by the Supervision.
• Perform any, or all, of the work assigned as duties for any jobs in subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with speed and accuracy satisfactory to Supervision.
• Develop knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved.
• Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Must be certified under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 and 609 Certification for Refrigerants.
• CDL Class B permit with passenger and air brake endorsement. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B license with passenger and air brake endorsement within 90 days of appointment.
• High School diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
• Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (steps), twisting (upper body), rotating and/or crawling. May also involve lifting (10-80+ pounds), carrying (up to 30 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (100+ pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing four hours at a time for four hours per day, sitting for one hour per day and walking one hour at a time for two hours per day.
90% of time is spent inside, 10% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Driver’s License.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 095-22-M to: email@example.com
The NFTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer