||Starting rate 17.7506
||Monday - Friday (Shift could range between 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
||ILA LOCAL 2028
Under the direction of the Manager of Administrative Services or designee, operates main switchboard, controls access to MTC offices, and provides mail delivery relief.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Greets, welcomes and directs visitors.
• Follows and applies security, visitor, and employee access policies by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
• Notifies Authority personnel of visitor arrival.
• Operates switchboard and routes callers to appropriate party.
• Takes telephone messages for Authority branches and departments.
• Provides basic and accurate information in-person and via telephone.
• Performs routine typing of records or memos.
• Provides mail delivery relief including sorting and off-site distribution.
• Reconcile department purchasing expense submissions.
• Prepare and process department purchasing invoices, requisitions, purchase orders per NFTA procurement guidelines.
• Assist with Facilities work order throughput in NFTA Ellipse enterprise system.
• Assist with preparing, purging, and maintaining document storage files.
• Maintains and keeps current, NFTA/Metro telephone directories, copying and distribution.
• Performs other duties as required by General Counsel, Manager of Administrative Services and Central Services office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of modern office management principles, practices, and equipment including switchboard telephone system, mail processing equipment, calculator; basic arithmetic and computerized data processing systems. Must have neat and professional appearance. Excellent Customer Service skills required. Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-40 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Associates Degree or High School equivalency with three years of administrative experience; typing ability; must be able to communicate effectively both over the telephone and with visitors; at least one year of receptionist or equivalent office experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State driver’s license.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number to 117-22-N:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer