ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, PUBLIC AFFAIRS
||Starting rate 20.4673
||Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
||ILA LOCAL 2028
Under the supervision of the Public Affairs Director, perform a variety of administrative functions and general support pertaining to the Public Affairs Department. Provides high level administrative support and coordinates a broad variety of administrative processes and activities such as media and partner database, budget, and HR maintenance and reporting; manages multiple calendars and events. Reviews and edits work and work procedures, policies and operational methods; identifies and documents as applicable: Standard Operating Procedures; best practices; appropriate filing and audit mechanisms; financial and performance metrics Board of Commissioner’s reporting; and regulatory and compliance systems.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Manage the department budget, audits spending, and oversees purchasing process.
• Monitor media coverage and support board of commissioner’s monthly report, manages database.
• Support social media platforms.
• Perform various administrative functions including high level proof reading, scheduling meetings, supporting department.
• Post media releases to the web site.
• Manages supervisor's and/or division calendar which may include complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties.
• Reviews administrative work procedures, policies, and operational methods. Identifies and documents as applicable: Standard Operating Procedures; best practices; appropriate filing and audit mechanisms; financial and performance metrics reporting; and regulatory and compliance systems.
• Approves appropriate expenses, purchases and reimbursements per division budget. Creates and maintains financial records which may include preparing forms; verifying appropriateness and accuracy of charges; processing and reconciling expenses, accounting transfers, and/or appropriation changes; updating financial transaction spreadsheets and databases. Generates summary reports and statistics.
• Coordinate special events.
• Assists in media communications.
• Performs additional duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must possess excellent communication and writing skills, solid computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, mail merge, internet usage, and data entry software programs. Needs to be goal oriented, able to work independently, and be proficient in multitasking. Ability to assist in editing. Ability to work with the public using diplomacy and compassion to facilitate their needs. Must be able to work within deadlines and handle stressful situations
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
An Associate’s degree in Public Communications, Communications or related field, and three to five years of experience in office administrative management. Must have a satisfactory work record and must receive a passing score on the proofreading test.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 076-22-N to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer