||Starting rate $17.7506
||ILA LOCAL 2028
Under the supervision of the Manager of Procurement, assists with the procurement of good and services in support of all NFTA/NFTM operations in accordance with NFTA Procurement Guidelines and Procurement Policies and Procedures. Also, assists with the collection and analysis of date for mandatory New York State reporting and the Procurement Department metric dashboard.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Coordinates with vendors to confirm purchase order receipts, delivery dates, and pricing.
• Updates pricing and delivery dates in the ERP system.
• Reconciles invoice discrepancies with vendors.
• Expedites orders upon request.
• In support of ongoing procurement activities, obtains quotations as required and issues purchase orders.
• Assists with the testing of the Enterprise Resource system.
• Reviews and examines customer supplied reports and department records for accuracy and completeness.
• Supports Authority-wide audits by collecting and distributing documents.
• Issues procurement reports as required.
• Manages the Procurement Department’s document retention policies and files.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of purchasing standards and best practices.
• Strong communication skills and ability to operate under time constraints.
• Knowledge of ERP software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number to 082-22-N:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer