The Communications Manager, under direct supervision of the Public Affairs Director; will design and implement the external communications strategy for the NFTA using multi-media communications components.
In this role, the Communications Manager will be responsible for providing complex communications strategy, management, implementation and recommended solutions for the many programs, projects, and initiatives at the NFTA. This includes, but is not limited to the education, promotion, and enhancement of these initiatives across a broad variety of internal and external audiences (government and community leaders, employees, and media).
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Work with various internal teams, which include but are not limited to; NFTA-Metro, Aviation, Government Relations, Police and Fire, Human Resources to best promote and educate the public on the NFTA’s many programs and initiatives and promote these programs to external audiences.
• Provide direction, input, and solutions to any and all crisis communication situations and maintain significant and far-reaching presence with knowledgeable and consistent messaging.
• Work directly with both community outreach and Media Relations.
• Work with internal customers to educate and inform our employees on important NFTA programs.
• Aid business leaders.
• All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Strong communications skills and ability to work on multiple projects
• Experience with media relations, and local, state and Federal Government Communications
• Effectively produce communications strategy and tactics
• Experienced in multiple social media platforms
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
A Bachelor’s in Public Communications, Communications or related field, and a minimum of five years working with large-scale marketing campaigns that include strategy, design, creative content development, and social media engagement. Familiarity with reputation management and brand awareness initiatives.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number to 075-22-N:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer