TRADE PERSON UTILITY/HVAC (CONDITIONAL)
||Starting rate 21.8590
||ILA LOCAL 1949
Works Under the direction of Facilities Maintenance Department (FMD) Manager and or Supervisor is responsible for maintenance, repairs, retrofit and installation of new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems at NFTA properties.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Responsible for maintenance of HVAC steam and hot water boiler systems and related equipment and controls; Removal and Installation and rebuild of reciprocating and centrifugal air conditioning compressors and chiller systems.
• Performs preventative maintenance on air handlers, chillers, and mini split systems.
• Maintains related records and work reports of HVAC equipment
• Inspects HVAC systems to ensure proper operation during seasonal mode
• Performs a variety of maintenance related functions in other building trades as required
• General knowledge of building management systems.
• Frequently performs the duties of a lead person on various projects involving multiple tradespersons.
• Performs additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be willing and able to work independently to complete the assignments listed above. Ability to diagnose and trouble-shoot HVAC equipment using manifold vacuum systems, dial indicators, boiler efficiency tester/multi tester. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and drawings. Must be proficient in the preparation of material and labor requirements of repairs and new installations. Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather, as well as work on ladders or manlifts. Must possess excellent mechanical skills. Must be willing to respond to call-ins during off duty hours and work other shifts as required.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (steps, ladder), twisting (upper body), rotating (upper body) and/or crawling (5-10 feet). May also involve lifting (20-40 pounds), carrying (up to 30 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (50 pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing four hours at a time for six hours per day, sitting one hour at a time for two hours per day and walking for two hours per day.
50% of time is spent inside, 50% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (moving conveyors) and motorized vehicles.
Proven and/or demonstrated ability to work largely independently of supervision to established procedures. High School or Trade School Graduate. Minimum (5) years proven experience as a journeymen HVAC technician; general knowledge of plumbing and electrical trades and/or attended HVAC Manufacturers Service Training School(s). Hold an EPA certificate to handle various freon gases, Valid NYS Driver’s License. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge as well as a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) seal.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer