||Grade 9 ($27.9277 - $34.6905)
||ILA Local 2028
Under the supervision of the Manager of Procurement, coordinates the bidding/proposal process and performs complex purchasing work (including purchasing a wide variety of services, materials, supplies, and equipment) in support of all NFTA/NFTM operations for assigned product categories in accordance with NFTA Procurement Guidelines and Procurement Policies and Procedures.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Participates in the development of goals, policies, and procedures for the procurement department.
• Recommends modifications to current procurement policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Assists with the testing, training, and implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning initiatives.
• Reviews and examines routine to complex requisitions, purchase orders, contracts to ensure compliance with NFTA Procurement Guidelines and confirm funding availability.
• Coordinates with user departments and legal staff regarding compiling a bid package ensuring compliance to NFTA Procurement Guidelines and current federal, state, and local regulations.
• Determines value of bid, funding, boilerplate required, schedule, advertisement, public bid opening, prepares in-depth bid analysis, reviews cost, etc.
• Makes recommendation to user, follow-up user review and approval, issues purchase orders as required, maintains bidders list, maintains bid log.
• Serves as team member for RFP evaluations.
• Serves as focal point for proponent communications, distributes proposals, prepares forms and arranges meetings.
• Manages Authority-wide service contracts for assigned categories.
• Maintains Supplier Master File for assigned product categories, Supplier Performance Evaluation file, and state and county bid information, distributes to users and follow-up on expiration dates.
• Issues procurement reports as required.
• Upon request or receipt of requisition, locates sources, obtains prices and other information regarding the materials or services required, processes requisitions and obtains quotations as required.
• Expedites orders upon request.
• Reconciles accounting discrepancies.
• Identifies opportunities for cost reductions and elimination of non-value added activities.
• Manages supplies relationships, resolves quality, delivery, problems, and other issues.
• Disposes of obsolete materials.
• Prepares financial analyses and cost comparisons to determine both cost effectiveness as well as fair and reasonable pricing.
• Reviews and modifies demand forecasts for inventory items; evaluates products usage trends; evaluates available products; develops procurement solutions.
• Completes special projects as required (including commodity pricing analysis and negotiations).
• Performs additional duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of modern principals, practices, and methods of public and governmental purchasing and procurement programs and processes including familiarity of NFTA Procurement Guidelines
• Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures affecting NFTA purchasing operations.
• Ability to research and utilize data and information to achieve cost effective results.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
• Ability to review situations accurately and determine appropriate course of action using judgment according to established policies and procedures.
• Demonstration of excellent communication and interpersonal skills including establish, maintain, and foster positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Experience in negotiations and use of the Internet for research.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, or Public Administration.
• Five (5) to Seven (7) years increasingly responsible purchasing and procurement experience; experience at a public agency or municipality preferred.
• Purchasing or Supply Professional Certification preferred.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 046-22-N to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer