This position is responsible for supporting the daily job duties of the Construction Inspector. Work is performed under the supervision of the Construction Manager and is evaluated through observation, conferences and reports.
This position observes, verifies and documents construction contractor progress. Essential functions include:
• Complete inspection reports
• Take construction progress photos
• Calculate quantiles of materials
• Calculate contactor completion percentages
• Review onsite materials testing procedures and compliance
• Review contractors certified payroll submissions
• Participate in progress review meetings
• Review contractors schedule for completeness and compliance
• Review monthly payment requests
• Coordinate onsite construction activities with NFTA personnel
• Participate in constructability reviews and field changes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Familiar with (and/or a drive to learn) reading plans, specifications and shop drawings used for civil, structural, mechanical and electrical construction. Ability to monitor construction to ensure compliance with the design. Verbal and written communication skills are a must. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; understand and carry out oral and written instructions and work safely are required.
Accomplishing work requires the ability to work both outside and indoors of a construction site. Must be physically able to climb ladders, stairs and lift lightweights.
Must have or pursuing; (a) a two-year Associates Degree in Engineering Technology and /or Construction Technology or (b) a four-year Bachelors degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying Intern, Construction Inspector to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer