MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I CONDITIONAL
||ENGINEERING - MTC
||Starting Rate $23.8531
||ILA LOCAL 2028
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, performs general maintenance and repair work at the Metro Transportation Center, Operations Control Center, Transit Police Headquarters at 1404 Main Street and Niagara Falls Transportation Centers.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Monitors and performs preventive maintenance for building life support systems, maintains boilers and HVAC systems and makes repairs when necessary.
• Installs, repairs, and rebuilds mechanical equipment as required.
• Makes electrical and plumbing repairs.
• Installs new electrical service 120 volts through 480-volt multi-phase fixtures and equipment.
• Installs plugs, fixtures, switches, and ballasts.
• Electrical monitoring and testing of equipment.
• Replaces floor and ceramic tile.
• Trims trees, shrubs, and cuts grass.
• Removes snow from bus docks, sidewalks, and parking areas.
• Receives, stocks, and dispenses various supplies.
• Moves furniture.
• Performs minor painting.
• Assists locksmith when required.
• Replaces light bulbs and fixtures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building maintenance, including HVAC systems, and familiarity with energy management systems. Ability to use tools. Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions. Must be able to read blueprints and specifications. Must have willingness to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends, respond to call-ins, and provide relief for afternoon Senior Maintenance Technician.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, climbing of ladders and stairs, and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
Some tasks include working around moving parts, light to moderate weight motor equipment, and materials handling where physical risks are predictable and/or controllable by observance of standard safety precautions. Some tasks are performed outdoors with occasional exposure to adverse weather conditions.
Must possess a New York State driver’s license, high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency, at least five years’ experience in building maintenance, and strong electrical and HVAC background.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 160-21-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer