MAINTENANCE CLERK (CONDITIONAL)
||STARTING RATE: $15.6287 FULL RATE: $25.0058
This job involves performance of manual, physical, and automated clerical-type tasks associated with the operation of the Maintenance Department.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Maintain control of an office environment through a variety of clerical duties, including telephone use, and organizing and maintaining files.
• Material handling per inventory control functions as it relates to: cycle counts, storage, maintenance, and issuance of parts, supplies, and equipment.
• Drive and use a forklift loading and unloading trucks.
• Receives, sorts, examines and collates routine records and report data.
• Recognize, investigate, and report facts concerning inconsistencies and irregularities in work performed.
• Organize and maintain office records and reports.
• Perform normal and expedited office procedures; collecting, sorting and distributing office correspondence.
• Input and process data using automated systems.
• Exercise judgement relative to the discovery and reporting of unsafe and irregular conditions; protecting all company property during job performance.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be thoroughly familiar with the operation and use of modern office equipment including, copiers, scanners, faxes, computers, keyboards and printers. Must have a working knowledge of application software such as, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and email. Must be able to effectively communicate, orally and in writing; must be able to maintain effective working relationships with other employees. Skilled at teaching and training relief staff.
Must be able to operate and certified to operate a PIV (power industrial vehicle/forklift). Possess the ability to safely and effectively operate common equipment for the position, and when assigned, to include but not limited to powered floor cleaners, pallets jacks, trucks etc.
Familiarity with Microsoft Excel to create and maintain spreadsheets as it relates to the collection of data, report generation, and transmitting information. Process working knowledge of email programs (i.e. Microsoft).
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 70 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Pass initial typing exam with 35 words per minute. Must pass testing in Excel Spreadsheet.
A Valid NYS Driver’s License is required.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 106-21-N to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer