CUSTODIAN II (BNIA)
||AVIATION/BUFFALO NIAGARA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (BNIA)
||STARTING RATE: $13.91 FULL RATE: $17.05
||ILA LOCAL 1949
Under the direction of the Terminal Superintendent and Supervisor, perform cleaning and maintenance functions throughout the BNIA.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Clean light fixtures and covers; replace bulbs and tubes as needed.
• Wash walls and do minor painting, clean and polish furniture, i.e., chairs, tables, desks, file cabinets, etc.
• Sweep, mop, strip, wax, and buff floors.
• Vacuum carpeting and clean carpeting using carpet cleaning equipment.
• Remove trash in and around buildings and in parking lots.
• Empty and clean trash containers; shovel and/or snow blow walkways.
• Assist in maintaining inventory; receive supplies.
• Clean windows and doors; clean restrooms, including ceilings, vents, walls, stalls, toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors, dispensers and floors.
• Stock dispensers.
• Operate buffers, floor machines, steam cleaners, power washers, lifts, and other equipment.
• Clean and make minor repairs to the equipment, complete checklists.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be in good physical condition; ability to climb ladders; ability to work various shifts and call-ins including weekends at various buildings.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physical demanding work, typically involving some combination of reaching, bending, kneeling or squatting, and that may involve the lifting (20-50 pounds), carrying (20-50 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (75-100 pounds) of heavy objects and materials. May also involve the twisting of the upper body and the rotating of the wrists. Job involves standing 5-6 hours at one time, sitting 1-2 hours at a time and walking up to one hour at a time.
Most time is spent inside (95%), with the other 5% of time being spent outside. Tasks expose employees to vibration (floor buffing), hazardous materials (cleaning chemicals), motorized equipment (sweeping machine, snow throwers) and minimal exposure to noise.
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge/US Customs and Border Protection Seal.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 062-21-N to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer