||METRO RAIL MAINTENANCE
||STARTING RATE: $22.2704
The job involves the preparation, performance and completion of any type of assigned work done by the Maintenance of Way subsection at any location connected with the operation of the Metro system.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Identify defective, unserviceable or deteriorating conditions in track, tunnel or building structures, mechanisms or parts; diagnose the cause of such conditions; and determine the extent of required adjustments, repairs and/or replacements.
• Fully understand and apply accepted principles of track maintenance, and safety precautions regarding same; be knowledgeable about the use of track maintenance tools such as benders, saws, jacks, etc.
• Repair or construct brick, concrete block, sidewalks or driveways, in and around tracks.
• Perform periodic inspections and preventative maintenance on track, tunnel and building, and properly maintain records of same.
• Applicant must be able to weld and must be able to obtain the welding qualifications based upon the certification requirements of ANSI/AWS D1.1 and D1.5
• Be able to make emergency repair to stations, buildings, tunnels, and tunnel equipment in order to maintain service to the public with a minimum of delay and inconvenience.
• Perform all of the work assigned as duties for any jobs in subordinate or comparable classifications, and perform all duties with a speed and accuracy satisfactory to Company management.
• Accept instructions and work assignments required to qualify for other classifications.
• Develop a knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved.
• Explain, instruct and demonstrate to others all job details, methods and procedures when directed to do so by supervisory personnel.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors and other employees. Must be experienced in the installation and maintenance of brick and concrete. Must be able to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and manuals. Must have experience in rail maintenance and installation of equipment. Must have a satisfactory prior work record.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, twisting, rotating, climbing ladders, elevated platforms, boom & scissors lifts, entering and/or crawling in confined spaces. May also involve lifting (10-70+ pounds), carrying (10-70 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (5-70 pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing 3 hour at a time for four hours per day, sitting for one hour per day and walking one hour at a time for two hours per day.
40 % of time is spent inside, 60 % of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
Must be a high school graduate or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have two years full-time experience in the installation and maintenance of track, switch, crossover, roadbed and insulated bonded joints. Must be able to demonstrate by oral and/or written examination that the required level of knowledge is possessed. Must be able to obtain and maintain a CDL Class B license with tanker and air brake endorsements.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL REGULATION 49 CFR PARTS 653 & 654, THIS IS A
“SAFETY SENSITIVE” POSITION, SUBJECT TO DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING. PARTICIPATION IN THE BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN PROGRAM IS REQUIRED.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 075-19-M
Email to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer