||COLD SPRING GARAGE
||STARTING RATE: $22.1240 FULL RATE: $27.0464
||ATU LOCAL 1342
This job involves all manner of inspection, preparation and completion of any type of work normally done in the department at any location of company property.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Giving adequate instruction relative to any or all work performed in the department, the spot-checking of work as performed by mechanics in the department exercising judgment relative to the discovery and reporting of unsafe and irregular conditions; protecting all company property during job performance
• Interpreting and using all instruction sheets, manuals, blue prints, circuit schematic diagrams
• Diagnosing electrical/electronic and mechanical failures; determining the extent of needed adjustments, repairs and replacements
• Exercising attention and vigilance to prevent and avoid work failures
• Improvising minor work expedients in the course of department operations
• Explaining and demonstrating to others all job details, methods and procedures when directed to do so by the Supervisor or his deputies
• Planning and performing repairs, replacements and adjustments with a minimum of supervision
• Layout and install load and control circuits
• Performing periodic inspections and preventative maintenance on service equipment/component and properly maintain records of it; understanding
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Understand and be proficient in the use of electrical/electronic test equipment. Must develop knowledge of company policies pertaining to the work involved. Must be able to perform any and all work of subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with a speed and accuracy satisfactory to supervisory authorities. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; must be able to maintain effective working relationships with other employees. Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must be certified under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 and 609 certification for refrigerants.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (stairs), twisting and/or rotating. May also involve lifting (30-80+ pounds), carrying (30-80+ pounds), pushing and/or pulling (5-15 pounds). Job involves standing up to one hour at a time for one hour per day, sitting four hours at a time for six hours per day and walking two hours at a time for four hours per day.
90% of time is spent inside, 10% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall) and motorized vehicles.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License (BP). To be an eligible candidate for the position, persons who were not full-time Metro employees on or before December 16, 1996 will be required to pass the Advanced Comprehensive Skills Test selected for the position.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL REGULATION 49 CFR PARTS 653 & 654, THIS IS A "SAFETY SENSITIVE" POSITION, SUBJECT TO DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING. PARTICIPATION IN THE BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN PROGRAM IS REQUIRED.
TO APPLY: Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number to 058-19-M: NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street; Buffalo, NY 14203 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer