SPECIALIST, COMMUNICATIONS/FARE COLLECTION
||COLD SPRING STATION
||COLD SPRING COMMUNICATIONS & FARE COLLECTIONS
||STARTING RATE: $21.7272
||ATU LOCAL 1342
This job involves all manner of preparation and completion of operations of any type of work normally done in the Communication/Fare Collection Department.
• Reporting at various times throughout the company’s system
• Analyzing defects, making repairs, replacements and adjustments with a minimum of direct supervision
• Testing, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing printed circuit boards, micro-processors controls, printers and wiring systems, etc. understanding and using complex test equipment, including but not limited to Oscilloscopes, Digital Multi Meters, Digital Probes, semi-conductor and logic test devices and specialized test equipment
• Explaining and demonstrating to others all job details, methods and procedures when directed to do so by the supervisor or his deputies
• Performing any or all of the work assigned as duties for any jobs in subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with and speed and accuracy satisfactory to supervisory authorities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must have two years of formal training in advanced electrical/electronic theory, microprocessor experience, and three years of experience in troubleshooting printed circuit boards to component level. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in reading cable diagrams, wiring diagram, logic circuits and schematics. Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must develop knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be able to maintain effective working relationships.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (steps), twisting (upper body) and/or rotating. May also involve lifting (30-80+ pounds), carrying (up to 30 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (80+ pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing two hours at a time for three hours per day, sitting for two hours at a time for three hours per day and walking two hours at a time for three hours per day.
75% of time is spent inside, 25% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust and odors. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall) and motorized vehicles.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License.
TO APPLY: Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number to 039-19-M: NFTA Human Resources;
181 Ellicott Street; Buffalo, NY 14203; Or email: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer