SPECIALIST, BUILDING MAINTENANCE
||BUILDING MAINTENANCE BABCOCK, FRONTIER GARAGE
||STARTING RATE: $22.2704 FULL RATE: $27.8380
||ATU LOCAL 1342
Preparation, performance and completion of any type of assigned work normally done in the department at any location of Company property.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Interpret and use all instruction sheets, manuals, blue prints, and circuit schematic diagrams.
• Ability and experience to diagnose electrical/electronic and mechanical failures with service or bus equipment
• Securing cooperative effort from, giving directions to and checking the performance of workers in subordinate classification.
• Planning and performing repair, replacements and adjustments with a minimum of direct supervision.
• Layout and install load and control circuits.
• Perform periodic inspections and preventive maintenance on service equipment/component, and properly maintain records of same.
• Understand and be proficient in use of electrical/electronic test equipment.
• Protection of Company property during job performance.
• The exercise of judgment related to the discovery and reporting of unsafe or irregular conditions.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Perform any and all of the work assigned as duties for any jobs in subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with a speed and accuracy satisfactory to supervisory authorities. Develop knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved. Must be certified under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 and 609 Certification for Refrigerants. Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must be able to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing. Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (ladders), twisting (upper body) and/or rotating. May also involve lifting (20-80+ pounds), carrying (up to 10 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (200+ pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing two hours at a time for three hours per day, sitting for three hours at a time for three hours per day and walking two hours at a time for three hours per day.
98% of time is spent inside, 2% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. CDL Class B permit with passenger and air brake endorsement. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B license with passenger and air brake endorsement within 90 days of appointment. To be an eligible candidate for the position, persons who were not full-time Metro employees on or before December 16, 1996 will be required to pass the Advanced Comprehensive Skills Test selected for the position. IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL REGULATION 49 CFR PARTS 653 & 654, THIS IS A “SAFETY SENSITIVE” POSITION, SUBJECT TO DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING. PARTICIPATION IN THE BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN PROGRAM IS REQUIRED.
TO APPLY: Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number to 032-21-M;108-20-MR
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer