||MAINTENANCE DEPT., C. SPRING BODY SHOP
||COLD SPRING BODY SHOP
||STARTING RATE $15.80
||FULL RATE: $22.51
||ATU LOCAL 1342
Nature of work: Body, Doors-Entrance/Exit, W/C, Utility and As Assigned
The job involves work normally done in the department at any location of Company property. It consists of interpreting blue prints and instruction sheets; installing, overhauling, repairing, setting up and operating equipment, vehicle parts and machines in the body department. Overhaul bus chassis, repair bus body damage, and install glass. Finish compound curve sheet metal and iron work. Repair truck and bus chassis and bodies. It also includes the exercise of judgment relative to the discovery and reporting of unsafe or irregular conditions, and the protection of all Company property during job performance.
The duties stated above are an outline of duties that are performed. There may be other duties and tasks assigned that are not stated in the above responsibilities that will become part of this or any job as directed by Supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment in all aspects of assigned duties.
• CDL Class B permit with passenger and air brake endorsement. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B license with passenger and air brake endorsement within 90 days of appointment.
• Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Must be certified under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 and 609 Certification for Refrigerants.
• Must be able to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
• Must be able to maintain effective working relationship with all employees.
• Possess all qualifications required for work in subordinate classifications; Ability to perform all duties in subordinate qualifications.
• Must be ready, willing and able to perform in a satisfactory manner, any work assigned by the Supervisor or his/her deputies.
• Must possess knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved.
• Must be able to explain and demonstrate to others all job details, methods and procedures when directed to do so.
• High school graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (ladders), twisting, rotating and/or crawling (under bus). May also involve lifting (10-80+ pounds), carrying (10-60 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (5-15 pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing one hour at a time for four hours per day, sitting for two hours per day and walking one hour at a time for two hours per day.
80% of time is spent inside, 20% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
To be an eligible candidate for the position, persons who were not full-time Metro employees on or before December 16, 1996 will be required to pass the Advanced Comprehensive Skills Test selected for the position.
Must be a high school graduate or have GED. Must have a valid New York State drivers license with CDL permit.
TO BE AN ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE FOR THE POSITION, PERSONS WHO WERE NOT FULL-TIME METRO EMPLOYEES ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 16, 1996 WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS THE ADVANCED COMPREHENSIVE SKILLS TEST SELECTED FOR THE POSITION.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL REGULATION 49 CFR PARTS 653 & 654, THIS IS A “SAFETY SENSITIVE” POSITION, SUBJECT TO DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING. PARTICIPATION IN THE BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN PROGRAM IS REQUIRED.
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer