|VEHICLE ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
|Starting rate $24.7780
The job involves the preparation, performance, and completion of any type of assigned work done by the Vehicle ITS subsection at any location connected with the operation of the Metro system. It principally consists of reading and interpreting instruction sheets, blueprints and wiring diagrams; analyzing defects including, but not limited to, fare collection equipment, parts and mechanisms; setting up equipment for and conducting tests; making repairs, replacements and adjustments with a minimum of direct supervision; observing for and reporting of unsafe or irregular conditions; exercising sound judgment relative to all aspects of assigned duties; and the protecting of Company property.
It is intended for this to be an entry level position for maintaining vehicle ITS equipment.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Read and correctly interpret blueprints, instruction sheets and manuals, and wiring diagrams.
• Identify defective, unserviceable, or deteriorating conditions in vehicle ITS equipment; diagnose the cause of such conditions; and determine the extent of required adjustments, repairs and/or replacements.
• Understand and be proficient in the use of complex electrical test equipment, including but not limited to ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters.
• Test, repair or replace vehicle ITS equipment, parts and mechanisms including but not limited to printed circuit boards, controls, display modules, power panels, transformers, alarms, bill validators, coin acceptors, printers, bill stackers, microprocessors, etc.
• Test, troubleshoot and repair defects in complex vehicle ITS equipment wiring system.
• Be able to make emergency repairs to vehicle ITS equipment in order to maintain service to the public with a minimum of delay and inconvenience.
• Perform periodic inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicle ITS systems and components, and properly maintain records of same.
• Perform all of the work assigned as duties for any jobs in subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with a speed and accuracy satisfactory to Company management.
• Accept instructions and work assignments required to qualify for other classifications.
• Develop a knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in reading cable diagrams, wiring diagrams, logic circuits, and schematics. Must be able to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing. Must have a satisfactory prior work record. Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors and other employees.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, twisting, rotating, climbing ladders, elevated platforms, boom & scissors lifts, entering and/or crawling in confined spaces. May also involve lifting (10-50+ pounds), carrying (10-50 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (5-50 pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing 3 hour at a time for four hours per day, sitting for one hour per day and walking one hour at a time for two hours per day.
75% of time is spent inside, 25% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors, and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
Must be a high school graduate and have three years of maintenance experience in the electronics industry or with electronic equipment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in reading cable diagrams, wiring diagrams, logic circuits, and schematics. To be eligible candidate for the position, Metro employees will be required to pass Skills Test designated for the position. Employees must be able to possess and maintain a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License B P. Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Participation in the Bloodborne Pathogen Program is required.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 070-23-M to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer