ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/SUPPORT SPECIALIST 2
Aviation – Buffalo Niagara International Airport
||Grade 5 ($20.4673-25.1535)
||ILA LOCAL 2028
Under the direction of the Airport Management, performs a variety of administrative and clerical functions relating to the operation of the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Perform various office support functions including collection, summarization and reporting of data. including, but not limited to, employee timecards, ground transportation, and airport security files.
• Provides administrative support for the SIDA training and badging program.
• Preparation of purchase requisitions and payment expenditure requests.
• Use of automated financial and airport security systems.
• Services and controls cash from customer service equipment.
• Provides clerical and administrative support for BNIA management including Excel spreadsheet updates, word processing, photocopying, filing, record keeping, ordering supplies, mail distribution, answering telephone, and other office duties.
• Provides relief duty for airport staff as needed.
• Frequently interacts with employees, patrons, and contractors.
• Services several departments including Terminal Operations, Administration, Badging and Customer Service.
• Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must possess strong math skills including proficient knowledge of spreadsheet functionality. Must have the ability to plan and organize activities, work independently and effectively, and be detail orientated. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Must be reliable and conscientious in performing job functions. Must be flexible to work overtime and to respond to call-ins if needed. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge/US Customs and Border Protection Seal.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-50 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Associates Degree (preferably in Business) including minimum one-year experience in performance of financial/accounting tasks, or High School graduate with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in performance of financial/accounting tasks, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Pass a basic level skills test in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including EXCEL and Access. Minimum of one-year experience demonstrating strong customer service skills.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 126-21-N to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer