COMPUTER NETWORK TECHNICIAN
||ILA Local 2028
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, is responsible for the maintenance of computer hardware, network equipment and printers used by NFTA and NFT Metro employees.
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, applications, and hardware during field visits or dispatches.
• Use best practice troubleshooting skills to resolve issues.
• Provide support in person and by phone, including software, hardware, printers, peripherals, audio visual, wired and wireless network troubleshooting.
• Write and maintain process documentation.
• Provide end user training when appropriate.
• Image, configure, and deploy Windows workstations and laptops with all appropriate software and drivers.
• Use in house management applications to ensure PC’s are running efficiently.
• Administration of all Microsoft Office Products; gain familiarity with administration of authority applications.
• Respond to support requests and assist in troubleshooting and problems as the arise.
• Document events and problems and their resolution in tickets.
• Execute follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Create/Manage Active Directory user accounts and Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, distribution lists and shared calendars.
• Manage/update asset inventory of all desktops, laptops, peripherals, printers and other IT assets.
• Become advanced users of the core department systems like ticketing, asset management, system monitoring, and other tools needed to perform job.
• Ability to work independently and remotely and travel between sites throughout the NFTA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment.
• Need to be able to troubleshoot hardware and software issues with printing, scanning, and faxing.
• Knowledge of repairing equipment and replacing faulty parts.
• Ability to problem-solve.
• Excellent organizing and time-management skills.
• Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
Tasks involve the ability to exert physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials up to 75 pounds.
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
• Associate degree in Information Systems Management and two years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) knowledge.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows 10.
• Good working knowledge of systems hardware (PC, Multifunction Printers, Scanners, Mifi’s, WiFi, Mobile Devices, VOIP phones, etc.).
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange administration.
• Must pass all background checks including those needed by the TSA and CBP for airport clearances.
• Need personal vehicle that will allow travel between sites.
• Prior to appointment, must receive a passing score on the required aptitude tests.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 087-21-N to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer