FINANCIAL AND PERFORMANCE DATA ANALYST
This position performs various financial and performance data related tasks; transforming data into information and supporting Metro Management decision making. Work is performed under the general direction of the Manager of Metro Finance and Administration. Duties are performed with independence requiring the exercise of discretion, sound judgment and initiative. Work is reviewed through conversation, observation, analysis of reports and recommendations and results achieved.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Performs monthly/quarterly/annual reporting of financial/operational results for internal and external purposes; subject to administrative and executive approval.
• Provides assistance with the preparation and monitoring of departmental operational and capital budgets (monitors costs, researches, categorizes and compiles various statistical data).
• Provides financial support for Metro administration and Metro department management including assistance with special projects, requests for proposals, bid analysis, staffing requirements, service modifications and cost benefit analysis, etc.
• Coordinates procurements and other administrative tasks in accordance with corporate guidelines.
• Provides review and technical support related to salary, overtime, accounts payable, billings, grants and capital funding issues impacting Metro.
• Works extensively with national bus, paratransit and rail benchmarking groups involving data and information management, conference/webinar attendance and maintaining ongoing communication with members.
• Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality including development of KPI’s, filtering and “cleaning” of data, identifying and interpreting data trends or patterns in complex data sets, data validation and creating/maintaining static and dynamic reporting, tabular reports, charts, visualizations and dashboards.
• Interacts extensively with NFTA support departments and Metro administrative and departmental staff to accomplish tasks.
• Analyzes reports for accuracy/completeness and provides recommendations for improvements.
• Performs additional duties and tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Understanding of relational databases and relational database design principles with applied knowledge of (SQL) and writing SQL queries is beneficial. Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques, and (ETL) processing will be useful. Knowledge of accounting principles and budget procedures. Ability to analyze and interpret fiscal and accounting records and prepare accurate and complete reports. Working knowledge of computerized financial management, accounting, budget, and data processing systems including but not limited to Ellipse, Lawson, Tableau, Crystal Reports and Microsoft Office. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting, Engineering, or related field and two (2) years of direct experience in data, financial, or operational analysis, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Passing qualifying skills tests may be required.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 064-21-N to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer