ASSISTANT BUS SHELTER TECHNICIAN (CONDITIONAL)
||ILA LOCAL 2028
Under the supervision of the Senior Bus Shelter Technician, assists the Bus Shelter Technician to clean, maintain, remove, and relocate NFTA bus shelters and other duties as assigned.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Assists the bus shelter maintenance crew with cleaning schedules and maintenance duties for NFTA bus shelters.
• Responds to off hour emergencies to remove damaged shelter materials to the established overtime procedure.
• Assists in the maintenance of glass panels and structural frames damaged or vandalized.
• Relocates shelters from one location to another.
• Assists and or welds structural shelter members.
• Assists the Public Relations Department with displays for special events.
• Performs additional duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of general construction procedures, ability, and willingness to work overtime and weekends to accomplish assigned duties. Ability and willingness to respond to call-ins as required during off duty hours and to work all shifts as FMD operations require.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, climbing of ladders and stairs, and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
Some tasks include working around moving parts, light to moderate weight motor equipment, and materials handling where physical risks are predictable and/or controllable by observance of standard safety precautions. Some tasks are performed outdoors with occasional exposure to adverse weather conditions.
High School education or equivalent, minimum of one-year experience in maintenance procedures, and experience in glazing and welding preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License. Must be able to obtain and maintain SIDA (Security Identification Display Access) status.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 049-21-N
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer