AIRPORT ATTENDANT II CONDITIONAL
||AVIATION – NIAGARA FALLS INT’L. AIRPORT
||ILA LOCAL 1949
Under the direction of the Maintenance Foreman and/or Airfield Supervisor, performs a variety of tasks relevant to airfield operations.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Operate sweepers, trucks, snow equipment, motor graders, backhoes, loaders, and other equipment that may be found at airport.
• Operate yard maintenance and landscaping equipment and tools such as riding lawn mowers, weed eaters, wheelbarrows, shovels etc. in order to maintain lawn and landscaping.
• Operate electrical and mechanical trimming equipment to trim bushes and trees on Airport grounds. Climbs ladders to access all areas of trees.
• Shovel’s sand, gravel, asphalt, direct, etc. and lifts sod, sacks of seed, fertilizer and fencing materials weighting up to 50 lbs. for long durations.
• Operates snow removal equipment to include plows, blowers, sanders and brooms.
• Makes minor fence, concrete and blacktop repairs.
• Washes and cleans vehicles and equipment, performs painting on airfield and in buildings except for runways and taxiways.
• Cut grass and performs rudimentary landscaping and repairs washouts and erosions.
• Erects and maintains airport signs.
• Removes trash and litter and maintains field office, Airport Terminal, etc.
• Performs additional duties and tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to learn FAA and NFTA regulations relative to airport operations; ability and willingness to work overtime and respond to call-ins; must have good communication skills; must be in good physical condition and be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
Requires standing approximately 30% of the time, sitting approximately 50%, lifting weights such as fencing materials, sacks of fertilizer and sod, weighing up to 50 lbs. and occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. for long durations, approximately 10% of time, and bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching, approximately 10% of time.
Must have visual acuity of at least 20/40 in each eye without corrective lenses or visual acuity separately corrected to 20/40 or better with corrective lenses and distant binocular acuity of at least 20/40 in both eyes with or without corrective lenses.
Requires capability of performing essential job functions in outdoor environments in all weather conditions, heat, smoke, dust, fumes, and high noise levels.
Graduation from high school or equivalent; must possess a valid NYS Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B with airbrake endorsement and a satisfactory driving record. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge/ US Customs and Border Protection Seal.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 042-21-N
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer