||Aviation – Buffalo Niagara International Airport
Under the direction of the Airfield Superintendent, this position involves supervising the electrical maintenance of the power and lighting systems at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
• Monitor and repair electrical equipment and systems.
• Develop and Administer a Preventative Maintenance Program.
• Supervises subordinate staff, assigns work tasks daily; rearranges work activities for emergencies.
• Available to respond to emergencies 24/7.
• Assists in the development of electrical maintenance policies and procedures.
• Performs departmental administrative duties.
• Responsible for the day-to-day decisions concerning electrical operations.
• Provides technical advice and informal on the job training, arranges for staff training in the safe operation of equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret construction documents, CAD and shop drawings, etc.; critical to the integrity of the airport electrical
• Manages the Airport’s Glycol and Storm Water Treatment System electrical infrastructure.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of electrical systems, policies and procedures. Proficient in the interpretation of electrical codes, regulations, and terminology. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to think analytically to solve problems, delegate to subordinate staff and to report to supervisor.
Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Requires capability of performing essential job functions in outdoor environments in all weather conditions, heat, smoke, dust, fumes, and high noise levels.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Electrical Systems and two years of experience in Airport Operations/Maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge/ US Customs and Border Protection Seal.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 041-21-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer