||STARTING RATE: $18.9117
||ILA LOCAL 1949
Under the direction of the Airfield Superintendent, Airfield Supervisor and other field supervision, performs a variety of tasks relevant to airfield operations.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Uses a high degree of manual dexterity and mental concentration to safely and correctly operate sweepers, trucks, snow equipment, motor graders, backhoes, loaders, and other equipment that may be found at airport.
• Safely operates yard maintenance and landscaping equipment and tools such as riding lawn mowers, weed eaters, wheelbarrows, shovels etc. in order to maintain lawn and landscaping.
• Uses electrical and mechanical trimming equipment to trim brushes and tree on Airport grounds. Involves bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching to properly trim bushes and trees.
• Climbs ladders to access all areas of trees.
• Cleans up trimmings and places in proper waste containers.
• Uses tools and equipment to repair eroded and seeded areas. Performs pre-operating checks on all vehicles and equipment.
• Uses manual dexterity to operate portable radios in order to verbally communicate with supervisors and co-workers.
• Shovels sand, gravel, asphalt, uses hand, power, and pneumatic tools, lifts equipment and supplies such as fertilizer and fencing materials weighing up to 50 lbs. for long durations.
• Uses specialized equipment to repair defects in roads, runways, and other airfield areas according to written and verbal instructions.
• Maintains parking lots and public streets in an acceptable state.
• Involves bending to pick up trash and places trash in containers.
• Carries containers of trash weighting up to 50 lbs.
• Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to learn FAA and NFTA regulations relative to airport operations; must have the ability to work overtime and respond to call-ins; must have good communications skills; must be in good physical condition and be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
Requires standing approximately 30% of the time, sitting approximately 50%, lifting weights such as fencing materials, sacks of fertilizer and sod, weighing up to 50 lbs. and occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. for long durations, approximately 10% of time, and bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching, approximately 10% of time.
Must have visual acuity of at least 20/40 in each eye without corrective lenses or visual acuity separately corrected to 20/40 or better with corrective lenses and distant binocular acuity of at least 20/40 in both eyes with or without corrective lenses.
Requires capability of performing essential job functions in outdoor environments in all weather conditions, heat, smoke, dust, fumes, and high noise levels.
High School diploma or equivalent; must possess a valid NYS Commercial Driver’s License Class B or A, with airbrake endorsement and a satisfactory driving record including usage of NFTA/NFT Metro vehicles. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge/US Custom’s & Border Protection Seal.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 011-21-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer