||January 23rd, 2017
||GRADE 13 ($58,327-$87,490)
||MONDAY- FRIDAY 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM
This position will be responsible to develop and implement recruitment strategies designed to meet the goals of the Authorities’ hiring process in accordance with the Authorities Affirmative Action Plan. This position will also be responsible for advertisement, job postings, job related social media, job fairs, university relationships and related outreach. This position sets recruitment measurements and distributes all job vacancies. This positon builds healthy relationships with the internal Directors, Managers, Supervisors and external recruitment vendors. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and initiative under the Supervision of the Director of Human Resources and will be educated and cross-trained in other aspects of HR.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Establishes recruiting requirements by studying the organizations plans and objectives.
• Meets with Directors and Managers to identify staffing needs.
• Schedules, coordinates and participates in interviews with the hiring manager.
• Develops relationships with applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employments agencies, recruiters, media, and internets sites; Improves organization attractiveness by providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits.
• Conducts periodic evaluation of the recruitment process to ensure that job competencies, job descriptions, candidate testing, selection screening tools and interview questions are inclusive and consistent with the Industry and Authorities best practice.
• Manages job offers of employment, license checks, background checks, reference checks and rejection letters within company policy.
• Facilitates all pre-employment testing.
• Review and administer job specifications, competencies and skills required.
• Review resumes and credentials for qualifications of skills, knowledge and experience.
• Works closely with labor relations in accordance to filling vacancies according to union contracts.
• Develops and manages applicant tracking system.
• Prepares and administers the yearly recruitment plan and budget.
• Ensures regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment process is compliant with federal and state legislation.
• Performs additional duties and tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff. Interview skills, leadership skills, analytical and training skills. Well organized, flexible and enjoys meeting and interacting with people. Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills in order to make presentations, obtain information and prepare reports.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field, human resources focus preferred. Two (2) years of experience in recruiting, staffing, managing applicant data bases, knowledge of relevant employment laws. Experience in union and non-union settings preferred. Must pass initial qualifying skills test in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 001-17-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: January 23, 2017
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer