RECEPTIONIST / FILE CLERK
||GRADE 3 ($15.8895- $19.4232)
||Monday-Friday (Shift could range between 7:00 AM-5:00 PM)
||ILA Local 2028
Under the direction of the Manager, Facilities & Property or designee, operates main switchboard, controls access to MTC offices, and provides mail delivery relief.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Greets and direct all visitors.
• Operates switchboard and routes callers to appropriate party.
• Takes telephone messages for Authority branches and departments.
• Performs routine typing of records or memos.
• Operate and maintain such office equipment as copy machine and mail processing equipment.
• Provides mail delivery relief as needed.
• Maintains and keeps current, NFTA/Metro telephone directories, copying and distribution.
• Performs other duties as required by the MTC Facilities Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of various office equipment to include switchboard telephone system, mail processing equipment, calculator; basic arithmetic and PC (Word, Excel) operations. Must have neat and professional appearance.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-40 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Associates Degree or High School equivalency with three years of administrative experience; typing ability; must be able to communicate effectively both over the telephone and with visitors; at least one year of receptionist or equivalent office experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State driver’s license.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 141-16-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer