METRO SERVICES ASSOCIATE- BILINGUAL
||STARTING: $12.66 PER HOUR FULL: $21.10 PER HOUR
||As Assigned-Monday Through Friday
||ATU Local 1342
Act as a point of sales person for all transit related products. This position involves serving internal and external customers of the Metro Transportation Center, MTC providing general information including but not limited to reduced fare, paratransit, bus/ rail information and adjunction inquires.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Distribute information pertaining to any Metro related product or service.
• Review and accept (not approve) applications for paratransit.
• Review, accept and approve applications for the reduced fare program.
• Basic record keeping and inventory reporting.
• Accept payments for any Metro products or service including but not limited to selling passes, processing payments for notices of violation, reduced fare identification cards etc.
• Take photos for Metro related passes.
• Provide general information on trip planning, bus routes, schedules, re-routes, fare structure, etc.
• Receive customer complaints or commendations and distribute them to the appropriate department.
• Maintain the concourse schedule racks and replenish as needed.
• Assist with the use of customer interface systems (i.e. ticket vending machine).
• Wear designated, identifiable NFTA/Metro uniform.
• Assist other departments with clerical work as needed.
• Perform additional duties and tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required. Prior work experience interacting with customers is essential. Must have the ability to use a calculator to perform simple transactions, accept cash payments and provide receipts. Must be proficient in computer software programs including knowledge of basic Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of the Niagara Frontier area and the ability to read and understand maps, headway sheets, time tables and fare structure. Demonstrated ability to perform work requiring skills, qualifications or experience comparable to that required for this job. Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with minimal supervision.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort, but which involves being able to lift boxes that are on average 45 pounds on a weekly basis. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
Work is performed in work conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Graduation from an accredited high school. Satisfactory work record to include attendance, job performance and discipline record. Ability to understand, speak and translate Spanish to English and English to Spanish both verbally and in writing. Satisfactory completion of qualifying examinations.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 118-16-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer