ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE SPECIAL SERVICES
||STARTING RATE $13.08 FULL RATE $21.79
||8:00 AM- 4:00 PM MONDAY-FRIDAY
||ATU Local 1342
The Special Services Administrative Associate maintains statistical data related to Paratransit Access Line (PAL) services, provides customer service support, performs data entry functions, generates reports and provides administrative support to Special Services staff.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Maintain documentation, data and department records necessary for generating reports
• Analyze and enter data into statistical format
• Develop reports for data analysis, management and trending.
• Create spreadsheets, graphs and presentations
• Research, compile and generate reports using complex computer software
• Process filing and storage of department documents to facilitate efficient retrieval of information
• Interact with customers and provide information in response to queries, requests and concerns
• Monitor, accept, and process customer concerns related to PAL service
• Generate correspondences to customers and healthcare professionals
• Capture customer image and generate photo identification associated with department programs and services
• Provide travel training to PAL customers
• Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong administrative skills are essential in order to handle projects and priorities. Requires good analytical skills along with the ability to research/compile data and write accurate reports. Must be proficient in computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in order to create spreadsheets, graphs and presentations. Must have ability to learn Trapeze Software within the probationary period. Must have the ability to interact and work well with others to achieve goals and assignments. Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with minimal supervision.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of light weight (10-20 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
This position requires an Associate’s degree with two years relevant work experience in statistics or compiling data, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must pass initial typing test with 30 words per minute and qualifying intermediate skills test in Microsoft Excel, Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 088-16-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: email@example.com
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer