||COLD SPRING MACHINE SHOP
||COLD SPRING MACHINE SHOP
||STARTING RATE: $15.80 FULL RATE: $22.51
||7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Days Off: Saturday & Sunday
||ATU Local 1342
This job involves all manner of inspection, preparation and completion of any type of work normally done in the department at any location of company property.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Interpreting all instruction sheets, blue prints and wiring diagrams; overhauling, repairing, testing and general maintenance of parts and apparatus in the electrical department
• Maintain motor, control and wiring
• Overhauling drive shafts, steering shafts and slack adjusters
• Testing and repairing fuel pumps, fuel tanks, radiators, heater cores, engine starters, generators, alternators, small air, electric or hydraulically operated units, oil pumps and engine governors
• Operating electro arc, drum lath and all drum procedures
• Exercising judgment relative to the discovery and reporting of unsafe and irregular conditions; protecting all company property during job performance
• Perform additional duties and tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must develop knowledge of company policies pertaining to the work involved. Must take instructions and assignments to qualify for work in other classifications. Must be able to perform any and all work of subordinate or comparable classifications and perform all duties with a speed and accuracy satisfactory to supervisory authorities. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; must be able to maintain effective working relationships with other employees. Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (ladders), twisting, rotating and/or crawling (under bus). May also involve lifting (10-80+ pounds), carrying (10-60 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (5-15 pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing one hour at a time for four hours per day, sitting for two hours per day and walking one hour at a time for two hours per day.
80% of time is spent inside, 20% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-BP). To be an eligible candidate for the position, persons who were not full-time Metro employees on or before December 16, 1996 will be required to pass the Advanced Comprehensive Skills Test selected for the position.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL REGULATION 49 CFR PARTS 653 & 654, THIS IS A
“SAFETY SENSITIVE” POSITION, SUBJECT TO DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING. PARTICIPATION IN THE BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN PROGRAM IS REQUIRED.
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer