||STARTING RATE: $10.98 HR. FULL RATE: $15.11 HR.
||ATU LOCAL 1342
Operating vans in City and Suburban areas
• Must be twenty-one (21) years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
• NYS Commercial Driver’s License, Class B minimum with passenger and airbrake endorsements, or permit for same, with ability to obtain full license within 8 weeks of employment.
• Must have a neat appearance
• Must have a safe driving record
• Must meet minimum physical requirements pursuant to NYS Motor Vehicles and Traffic Law (Article 19-a)
• Must be able to interface with the public and outside agencies courteously and effectively
• Must have a satisfactory prior work record and attendance record
• Must be able to wear and utilize any and all personal protective equipment that may be required in the performance of duties.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling (floor), climbing (stairs), twisting (arm/back), rotating (arm), and/or crawling. May also involve lifting (10-30 pounds), carrying (up to 10 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (30-50 pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing up to one hour at a time for one hour per day, sitting for two hours at a time for seven hours per day and walking one hour per day.
90% of time is spent inside of van, 10% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Employee is also exposed to vibration (seat), hazards (customer assault) and motorized vehicles.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License or permit (CDL-BP).
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority
Serving the Buffalo Niagara Region
Metro Link Operators
The NFTA is currently looking for qualified bus operators seeking steady employment, guaranteed increases along with a comprehensive benefit package. Qualifications: Must be twenty-one (21) years of age. Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent. NYS Commercial Driver’s License, Class B minimum with passenger and airbrake endorsements, or permit for same, with ability to obtain full license within 8 weeks of employment. Customer service orientated, professional and outgoing.
Interested individuals may download an application at www.nfta.com or stop in at our Open House,
Thursday, November 14th, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Cold Spring Bus Maintenance Office
1581 Michigan Avenue 2nd floor,
Buffalo, NY 14209