TECHNICAL TRAINER/QUALITY ASSURANCE-RELIEF
||GRADE 5 ($58,669-$75,038)
||7:30 AM- 4:00 PM
This is responsible professional level and administrative work. An employee assigned to this classification is responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the technical training needs, supervisory instruction, and performing a quality assurance role for staff and activities for Rail Maintenance. This employee must possess effective oral and written communication skills, the ability to plan, organize, and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups, skills in team building, persuasion and negotiation. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager, Rail Maintenance or his designee who reviews work through conferences, reports and results achieved. This position will be assigned various shifts as required in order to satisfy the needs of Metro as it relates to training, technical support as well as relief of other supervisory personnel.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Plans, develops and organizes formal and informal technical training programs for employees and supervisors.
• Recommends changes to programs to keep pace with technological advancements and evaluates and recommends changes in job procedures due to requirements.
• Develops and performs quality assurance audits to measure performance against standards and evaluate needs.
• Conducts field work in education and training to identify needs analysis and develop relevant training programs.
• Develop, implement and administrate the computerized maintenance work order system / Ellipse.
• Develop implement and deliver education programs.
• Conducts training on relevant topics.
• Maintains educational resource files and orders educational program supplies, tools and equipment.
• Administration of the Absentee Control Program, tracking absences, examining doctors notes to determine validity, ensuring adherence to program policies and procedures, discussing discipline with employees supervisor prior to implementation.
• Perform additional duties and tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of occupational safety policies and procedures. Knowledge of training principles and practices. Thorough understanding of Rail Vehicle and Rail System maintenance and certification in 608 and 609 refrigeration. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to develop and implement training programs. Must be knowledgeable of OSHA regulations and other federal and state safety laws.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light/heavy physical effort in sedentary to light/heavy work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light/heavy weight (5-50 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
A Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Training, Business Management, or related field of study and two (2) years’ experience in developing and implementing training programs, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Employee must possess a Class B permit with passenger and airbrake endorsement. Must be able to obtain a Class B license with passenger and airbrake endorsement within 90 days of appointment.
Send NFTA employment application, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 132-15-N to:
NFTA Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer