||COLD SPRING MACHINE SHOP
||COLD SPRING MACHINE SHOP
||Full rate: $22.51 per hour
||ATU Local 1342
This job involves all manner of inspection, preparation and completion of any type of work normally done in the department at any location of company property.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Interpreting all instruction sheets, blue prints and wiring diagrams
• Overhauling, repairing, testing and general maintenance of parts and apparatus in the Maintenance Department.
• Read and interpret blue prints, instruction sheets, wiring diagrams and all type of manufacturer’s instruction manuals.
• Overhaul drive shafts, steering shafts, drag links, tie rod ends, torque rods, etc.
• Test and repair fuel tanks, radiators, heater cores, engine starters, generators, alternators, small air, electric or hydraulically operated units.
• Operate electro arc, drum lath and all drum procedures.
• It also includes the exercise of judgment relative to the discovery and reporting of unsafe or irregular conditions; and the protection of all Company property during job performance.
• Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be able to exercise sound judgment in all aspects of assigned duties. Must be able to wear and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must be certified under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 and 609 Certification for Refrigerants. Must be able to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing. Must be able to maintain effective working relationship with all employees. Possess all qualifications required for work in subordinate classifications; Ability to perform all duties in subordinate qualifications. Must be ready, willing and able to perform in a satisfactory manner, any work assigned by the Supervisor or his/her deputies. Must possess knowledge of Company policies pertaining to the work involved. Must be able to explain and demonstrate to others all job details, methods and procedures when directed to do so.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, climbing (ladders), twisting, rotating and/or crawling (under bus). May also involve lifting (10-80+ pounds), carrying (10-60 pounds), pushing and/or pulling (5-15 pounds) materials and/or equipment. Job involves standing one hour at a time for four hours per day, sitting for two hours per day and walking one hour at a time for two hours per day.
80% of time is spent inside, 20% of time is spent outside, exposing employee to natural environmental conditions. Work exposes employees to fumes, dust, gases, odors and mist. Employee is also exposed to noise, vibration, hazards (slip and fall, chemicals) and motorized vehicles.
CDL Class B permit with passenger and air brake endorsement. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B license with passenger and air brake endorsement within 90 days of appointment. High school graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL REGULATION 49 CFR PARTS 653 & 654, THIS IS A
“SAFETY SENSITIVE” POSITION, SUBJECT TO DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING. PARTICIPATION IN THE BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN PROGRAM IS REQUIRED.
TO BE AN ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE FOR THE POSITION, PERSONS WHO WERE NOT FULL-TIME METRO EMPLOYEES ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 16, 1996 WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS THE ADVANCED COMPREHENSIVE SKILLS TEST SELECTED FOR THE POSITION.
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer